Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pictures don't do Interlaken justice, but I'll post them anyway...

Very cute buildings across the river from my hostel

Very cute square across the river from my hostel

Yeah, there were swans. 

These were all pictures taken on the beginning stages of my epic hike

My dream hotel.  I took a thousand pictures, but I tried to be selective

Partially up the mountain.  I hiked for a good while with a dentist from Interlaken.  He took this picture.  Observe how sweaty I am.  This is at about 9 AM and 1.5 hours into my hike...

A good panorama pic of Interlaken. 


The edge of the eastern lake, Brienzer See

First view of the Southern snow capped mountains.


Here, you can see both lakes, one in the bottom left corner and the other in the top right corner.  Interlaken is in between.

Some sea oats I found on top of the mountain.

A view of the opposite side of the lake from Interlaken

The crag I had yet to conquer!

This is about an hour from my final peak, Augstmatthorn, but I'm still 2,085 meters up.


All the other panoramic views were to the south of the mountains I was hiking. This is the view I had to the north.  Not too shabby.

Cute building #1

Cute building #2

Swiss cheese in the making.

This was on my hike back to the hostel while the sun was setting.

Another view of my dream hotel.

Just another view of some buildings with the snow capped mountains in the background.

On the path alongside the lake, they had posted all these articles in the Switzerland constitution.  I thought this one was especially appropriate.

Nearly nightfall and my camera was dying and I couldn't get a flash to save my life.

I couldn't believe this town had a hooters, but even it was cute.

View of the public park, a hotel, and mountains

park

park

Hotel

Hotel

Two hotels

Any given street in Interlaken

Me suited up before I went canyoning!!!!!

Just me in the park

I really wanted a pic of me with the river and mountains and this was my best attempt.

Again, my flash was acting up, but a decent night pic of a restaurant/bar

No comments:

Post a Comment